What is the ecoegg Laundry Egg?
The ecoegg Laundry Egg is a unique and innovative laundry washing system that cleans clothes effectively, using two types of natural mineral pellets encased in a recyclable egg.
Containing no harmful chemicals and kind to your skin, the ecoegg Laundry Egg completely replaces laundry detergent and fabric conditioner, giving you a kinder laundry solution.
How does the ecoegg Laundry Egg work?
Simply open your Laundry Egg and fill the larger half of the egg with the two types of mineral pellets. Close your egg so that it ‘clicks’ and place it in your washing machine on top of your laundry.
The mineral pellets work together in the water to effectively draw dirt from your clothing fibres and soften your clothes by changing the pH, leaving your laundry clean and fresh without using harmful chemical laden detergents. The mineral pellets in the Laundry Egg are non-biological and do not contain any petrochemicals, enzymes, bleaches, phosphates, parabens, SLS/SLES, palm oil or microplastics.
What are the benefits of the ecoegg Laundry Egg?
- The Laundry Egg is gentle on skin and was originally developed for people with sensitive skin. The natural mineral pellets contain no harmful chemicals.
- The Laundry Egg helps to reduce your plastic use. Once you’ve used your Laundry Egg for around 70 washes, you can buy Refill Laundry Egg Pellets which allow you to use the egg over and over again.
- If you switch from liquid detergent and fabric conditioner to a Laundry Egg you will save up to 40* bottles of plastic each year. (*Based on 7 washes a week and 18 wash bottles.)
- The Laundry Egg is suitable for vegans and is cruelty-free. Made without any testing or cruelty to animals, and without any animal derivatives, the ecoegg Laundry Egg is suitable for use by vegans.
- The Laundry Egg is suitable for handwashing. Simply place the egg to soak in water for 5-10 minutes then handwash as normal. The Laundry Egg can be used from 15 to 60 degrees Celsius.
- The Laundry Egg is cost effective. Not only is the Laundry Egg kind to your skin, it is also kind to your pocket, costing just 7 cents per wash or 4 cents per wash when you buy the refills.